Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Zorba the Mustard!

Short post tonight.

A co-worker just got back from Greece after dumping a ton of project work on me and disappearing. Blame HIM for me not blogging as much! In an email from the island of Crete (bastard), he promised me six types of Greek olive. And all I got was a lousy jar of mustard. Luckily for him, I love mustard and the label is all in Greek so I can't tell anything about it. Flavored? Plain? Who knows until I dip something into it and let it flavors sneak up my tongue and take me to foreign lands.

I still miss the olives. I asked him about them.

"Oh, you can get Kalamata anywhere! We had them with every meal! In every meal! While we were drinking ouzo!" Again, I say BASTARD.

But I have the mustard. I will report back when I know more.

Condiment Grrl

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Ouzo - blech! Even the savory, briney taste of fresh kalamatas (with perhaps a little goat cheese) wouldn't be enough to wash that vile anise flavor from my mouth!

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, how can you not like Ouzo?

Now, Retsina, that's another story. Blech.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter