Thursday, February 22, 2007

A vinegar is a vinegar is a vinegar

I know, I know, I haven't been posting as much as I promised. Stupid, stupid day job.

Anyway...I traipsed to the store today to buy some cookies for an afternoon meeting (it's a key strategy in the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People who Love Sugar). And I loaded up in the salad bar, piling my romaine lettuce high with beets, broccoli, kidney beans, artichoke hearts, and croutons (which I'm not supposed to have, if you've been keeping track of the short leash my naturopath attempts to keep me on). Now, I totally eschew store-made salad dressing. It's filled with sodium and never tastes very good unless it's blue cheese dressing and I can't have blue cheese (keep up, people, keep up). I drizzled my Dagwood Bumstead salad with some olive oil, then reached for the balsamic vinegar bottle.

But what's this? This is not straight balsamic vinegar -- it's some kind of balsamic vinegar dressing! How can this be? So, I walked right over to the vinegar section to buy my own bottle for work. You know, unless you're going for the super expensive stuff, just get the Colavita. Yes, it's all from Modena, but unless it's "Tradizionale" it's not the best stuff. I got the Colavita and it was perfectly good.

But I will not rest until I track down the store employee who put a pre-made Balsamic Vinaigrette in a Balsamic vinegar bottle. That's just sick and wrong.

Condiment Grrl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter