Monday, January 22, 2007

BACON DOUGHNUTS!!!!!!!!

Okay, technically, bacon is *not* a condiment, but considering that I use it to spice up oatmeal, it is. And you can sprinkle it in salads and other things. And my wonderful Aunt Ann gave me this bacon recipe that calls for baking it with a sprinkle of brown sugar, cayenne pepper and black pepper, which turns it into a superfood AND a condiment.

Tonight, we were watching Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations and he was exploring the Pacific Northwest. In his travels through Portland, he ended up at this place called Voodoo Doughnut. As the camera panned over mountains of doughnuts with intriguing toppings such as fruit loops and oreos, I was interested, but not salivating. Then this appeared on the screen:



It's a BACON MAPLE BAR! It's like pancakes and syrup and bacon all deep fried into a high fat mass of happiness. I am OUT OF MY MIND to try one of these. OUT OF MY MIND!!

Somehow, some way, I have to get to Portland and soon.

If I walked there, I might burn off the calories I'll ingest eating one of them. But oh-so-worth it.

Condiment Grrl

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

OMFG! I think my heart went into brief arrhythmia just because of the headline alone!

I could die and be happy after eating one of those - which is probably exactly what would happen, I'm sure.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Brent Hartinger said...

That is DISGUSTING.

I mean, honestly. Flame away, but I must speak truth to power.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter