Monday, January 08, 2007

A salute to a salty brother...

Here's a vivid example of my twisted roots. My lifelong friend Damon has always had an odd relationship to condiments. Seeing what he could eat at Denny's for free, which usually involved the condiments on the table, was a specialty of his.

Now he's a Professor of Genetic Biology at Berkeley and he requested his nickname be Doctor A-1. I wanted to call him Captain A-1, but what-ever. What kind of fiendish experiments does he cook up? Let's find out in this vivid photo essay...





Mmmm...this hot sauce looks delicious! And with it's key ingredient of capucin found in red peppers, it ensures I will never grow senile or develop Alzheimer's. Plus, the babes think I'm way manly!

>



How YOU doin', baby? Could you burn my tongue too?



Try it. You'll like it.


And now I will corrupt my young son.



We tried a really good Teriyaki A-1 and a bold mustard. He didn't like the Teriyaki, but that's why he's a Doctor and not a Captain!


Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Hm, hard to tell from the label, but it looks like one of those rather uninspiring "Mexican red" hot sauces; basically just peppers, tomatoes, maybe a little vinegar, and a bit of the garlic - if you're lucky.

I definitely prefer the more exotic and flavorful sauces, particularly Carribean; I figure, if you're going to incapacitate your taste buds just for a hefty endorphin rush (and did you know there's a hot sauce with that exact name?), you might as well give them something savory to enjoy in that brief few seconds before the capsaicin kicks in.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter