Friday, November 10, 2006

Fall flavored Condiments...

Hello dear readers,

I have now recovered from all the hoopla and excitement of the midterm elections. While Condiment Grrl believes that red staters and blue staters enjoy condiments equally, she is a deep shade of Indigo Blue when it comes to politics so she is as giddy as she would be if ten jars of Holy Jalepeno relish got delivered to her door, along with a cooked succelent leg of lamb. And Russel Crowe covered in Cranberry mustard with a bow...well, anyway, this brings me to this posting: Fall approaches and new condiments flood the shelves ready to lure us into the new season and new possibilities for our Thanksgiving relish tray.

First off -- cranberries are everywhere, insinuating them along with their cousin, pumpkin spice, into our lattes, pies, bruschetta and flans. I like a nice tart glaze on many meats, but I'm usually pretty indifferent to cranberries, preferring the more traditional Ocean Spray cranberry sauce in a can to any wild creations involving Martha Stewart peeling and juicing 17 cranberries before adding them to her turkish yule log.

But, I love Fall and I made a new discovery -- orange flavored dried cranberries. I sprinkled them in a salad with blue cheese and turkey and the tangy burst of the holidays to come made my quickie lunch all the more festive.

What are your Fall favorites? I'll blog more about the variety of seasonal condiments that we'll have access to during the next couple months.

I'm blue. So very blue.

Condiment Grrl

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HiHo;
It's sorrowful that you missed the "High Mountain Blue Berries". They are the best berries ever. Folks fight each other and black bears over
berry territory. At the end of summer next year hike up the mountains, east of you, and if you can find a patch, enjoy the best of berries.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Christopher said...

For me, Fall is soup & stew weather, particularly legumes, which seem to absorb the subtleties of flavorful and savory spices much more judiciously than peas or bean, IMO. So, Friday I made a trip down the Market to visit The Souk in order to replenish my dwindling supplies of Turmeric, black mustard seed, Kanjii (onion seed), and Tamarind.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter