Monday, October 23, 2006

Tiger Sauce and friendship

Hello my ducks,

I'm back and better than ever! I raised lots of money for charity (but not, unfortunately, my favorite charity "condiments for tots") and I got to say "Pimp" a lot in my most conservative workplace. What more could a girl ask for?

Friends, say I!

Recently, I had a lovely dinner with two old friends and I am still marveling that we are now old friends because it seems like just yesterday that we were new friends slaving in a cold theater to bring cutting-edge theater to dozens of Seattle residents. But things happen and time passes and suddenly you're all married and two of you have kids and the third has one on the way.

My friends Sara and Anna and I recently broke meatloaf together, a fine meat dish to savor while discussing the fine points of birth and child-rearing. As we sat down, Sara, who's huge and beautiful and glowing with pregnancy, leapt up and said "Have you tried Tiger sauce? I got this for you!" Now, dear readers, I had coveted this sauce, but even I have my limits and for one reason or another, I never wrestled the savage looking bottle into my shopping cart.

But Sara did. And it's one of the myriad reasons that I love her. She's kind and thoughtful, even in the midst of one of the biggest life-changing events a human being can experience. I opened the bottle and looked into the snapping black eyes of Anna and the round soft eyes of Sara and thought of how much I value these two human beings in my life and friends are the ultimate life condiment. They can make the most dismal day a fine one with a sprinkling of their love.

Now for the Tiger sauce. It was delicious. It's like a bottle of Tabasco humped a jar of sweet and sour sauce and produced this adorable bastard love child. It was perfect on the meatloaf AND the mashed potatoes.

Later, after Sara served us home-made ice cream with melted chocolate chips, I patted her belly, her belly that is growing a little girl and whispered the nickname I will always secretly give the child, "Tiger."

Can't wait to meet you Tiger. Your mother is a great life condiment.

Condiment Grrl

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Ooh, congrats t Sara!

And yes, mmmmm to Tiger Sauce!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter