Monday, February 26, 2007

Interpretive Dance - the liquid gold of the Oscars

It's not as fun to type as lutefisk, but as the arbiter of all that is condimental in this crazy world, I do declare that Interpretive Dance is a condiment for the Oscar ceremony.

I HEART the Oscars. I watch the arrivals and the entire ceremony every year with bated breath, waiting for the day I know Russell Crowe will wear a traditional Australian kilt to the ceremony. Don't email me with a correction -- this is my lurid fantasy. Now, THAT would be a condiment. Heh heh heh.

Okay, foraging on. So, every year I watch the Oscars and I devour the montages, tributes, dresses, faux paws, boobage, stupid songs (Sting with the old tyme roller thing?), and of course, the interpretive dance. All liquid diamond condiments poured over the solid chocolate Academy Award. The interpretive dance was back this year and it was actually innovative and interesting and really, really cool (C'mon, they did an interpretive Snakes on a Plane. Awesome.)

After, I am so sick of people bitching and whining and moaning about how boring and horrible the Oscars are and it gets worse every year and blah blah blah. Hey, it's the clue phone for you -- TURN THEM OFF IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM. Don't complain about the montages -- it's a salute to film! The montages define the night! The montages rule! And Will Ferrell was actually funny! Shut up already!

Pass me my bacon wrapped figs with a olive relish and turn it up -- I think Celene Dion is going to smack Beyonce down.

Let me dream my balsamic dreams and mustard wishes. And Russell Crowe in a utilikilt.

Hooray for Hollywood!

Condiment Grrl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter