Sunday, March 11, 2007

Muscle Relaxants need no additional condiments

It's painful for me to type right now. And I'm writing under the influence of a lovely muscle relaxant. Lovely, happy pills. I know that right now you're thinking "Condiment Grrl! What happened? Did you injure yourself trying to wrench the top off a hundred year old jar of caper relish?"

Alas, no.

I injured myself...uh...sleeping. Yes, last Thursday morning I awoke and stretched my arms over my head, and something bad happened in my shoulder. They don't know what to call it -- bursitis or tendonitis or something. But muscle relaxants make it all better....

In the meantime, I've been enjoying my new Greek thyme mustard and rediscovered my love of basic Dijon vinaigrette, especially when you liberally add shallots.

Okay, I am twitching and not in a good way. Keep wrenching those jars open for me!

Condiment Grrl

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Speaking of which - which you weren't, but anyhoo - I was in Redmond yesterday, and made a stop by The British Pantry.

I've got either a jar of Branston's Pickle or Sharwood's Mango Chutney with your name on it - you pick.

1:27 PM  
Blogger CondimentGrrl said...

Oooo..I want the Branston's Pickle! I'm going to go to the store and buy a block of low-fat cheese in preparation for it!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

I figured - and hoped - as much because, I used to have a terrific rhubarb/mango chutney recipe (alas, the cookbook that contained it has long-since vanished) and I want to see how this commercial product stacks up.

So, next time you or Mr. Mustard are up north, let me know.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter