Saturday, July 15, 2006

A grave error

Well, kids, I realized that I have been committing a grave and terrible error in my blog. And because the error involves my all-too-frequently blogged about Norman Biship Dill Garlic Mustard, I must remedy it right away.

Please note, that the true name is Dill Garlic Mustard and I've been calling it Garlic and Dill Mustard or G*D Mustard. Why? How could I be wrong about a mustard that is so right? My theory is that I just really wanted to call it G*D mustard because it's divine. Heh. That was a stupid joke.

Anyway, I found this out because I was attempting to order a case through their wholesale distributor. I don't think I can, because although I'm an *institution*, I'm not a company. But maybe I'll form one so I can buy a case of the G*D mustard and a case of the cranberry mustard (easily the best).

Oh, and I'll leave you with a heartwarming Baby Balsamic story: on vacation recently, we stopped for lunch in Mendocino. I had ordered fish and chips and Baby B was chomping away on the chips. As the waitress set the fish in front of me, with a glistening cup of tartar sauce perched on the edge, Baby B, without a word, swiped a french fry through the tartar. Then she quickly put it in her mouth and smiled at me. Thank God I'm imparting SOMETHING of value to her.

Love and G*D mustard (that's really Dill Garlic Mustard)

Condiment Grrl

4 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

I don't know why I was so slow to discover this, but I just realized what a great thing it is to drizzle a little basalmic over freshly picked berries (it's not like I've never had raspberry vinegrette before!). In addition to brightening the color and sharpening the flavor it also inhibits mold, so the berries can be stored longer.

I'm such a dummy sometimes!

11:23 AM  
Blogger CondimentGrrl said...

Ooooh...I haven't tried that, but I will.

And I found a place to buy that hot sauce on an earlier posting!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trader Joe's sells a *spray* balsamic which would be perfect for that (the berries) ...

8:32 PM  
Blogger CondimentGrrl said...

Ooo...we have that spray and it's excellent! I'll try that on Baby Balsamic's blueberries tomorrow morning.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter