Friday, June 09, 2006

Indispensible Condiment?

So...here's a poll for my readers -- what condiment do you absolutely need at all times? I remember being impressed with Dan Rather a few years ago when he admitted to carrying a bottle of Tabasco sauce with him at all times. He often travelled the world and frequently found himself at state dinners with all kinds of strange foods and found that the way to make it all go down easier was to dump Tabasco sauce on top. He earned my eternal respect with that statement. I resemble that remark.

Right now, I'm staring sadly at an empty jar of Lemon Dill & Capers Sauce made by Robert Rothschild Farm . I waxed rhapsodic about this creamy, sassy sauce that I just used to eat some chicken with some tabouleh. It is a bit heavy, so I'm not feeling as light and free with the words as I usually am. Maybe this is a winter sauce.

Anyway, I always keep a bottle of Balsamic vinegar in my drawer at work to sprinkle on whatever it is I've scraped out of our cafeteria for lunch. It saves everything. It's especially good on what passes for a Chicken Caesar salad.

So..please let me know what is your indispensible condiment? Ketchup? Mint Jelly?

Condiment Grrl

P.S. Run out and buy the new Broadway soundtrack to "The Pajama Game." Oh my God, if they could bottle Harry Connick, Jr's voice, I would pour it on EVERYTHING.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

I have to go with Dan on this one. Aside from the 29 separate bottles of hot sauces I keep on a shelf in my kitchen, I have a bottle of Habanero Heaven sauce in my desk drawer at work, and a bunch of teensy bottles of Tabasco Sauce in my VW camper for recreational purposes.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Brent Hartinger said...

Is balsamic vinegar a condiment? I think you said it was...

8:26 PM  
Blogger CondimentGrrl said...

Yes, yes, of course it is. And I will go right now and whisper "Love like Balsamic Vinegar" into my child's ear...

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter