Sunday, June 18, 2006

How Does One Decide, Part One

So...I was wandering the aisles of a local purveyor of foodstuffs and perusing the condiment selection. My goodness, there are many, many relishes, mustards, chutneys, marinades, dressings, etc. to choose from. How does one decide? I think you find something you like, then you pick foods to match the condiment you're craving. Right now, I'm madly, madly in love with my Lemon Dill and Capers Sauce, so I've insisted on roast chicken twice this week because it goes especially good with fowl. And with seafood. I requested salmon last night.

I started thinking about a good creamy horseradish sauce and now I might need a roast beef. I might. We'll see if my craving for mint jelly with lamb beats it out anytime soon.

Make the food fit the condiment. It's the only way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter