Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Feeling Blue and Plain...

Sorry for no blog posts. I just haven't found anything to crow about lately. No new sauce or dip that enriched my life in a new and special way. I did re-discover Soy Vay lately for a lovely marinated flank steak recipe.

Recipe:

Get some flank steak
Slice it thinly
Put in a tightly fitting container with lots of Soy Vay
Let it marinate for 4 - 24 hours
Cook on a BBQ
Delicious, tasty cow flesh with yummy savory spice

However, it is the easy way out. As a child, I watched my mother prepare this old faithful by chopping up tons of garlic and ginger, then layering thinly sliced flank steak, ginger, garlic, and Teriyaki sauce into a jar until it was a tightly packed glass vessel of raw yumminess.

I always wanted to drink the remains after the meat had been removed for cooking, but, of course, even I didn't do it. Raw meat juice BAD. Of course, I eat sushi, but that's fish and for some reason it's different. I guess they haven't found mad fish disease yet.

Which reminds me of an old joke from the heyday of mad cow:

Two cows are standing in the field:

Cow 1: This mad cow thing is really freaking me out.
Cow 2: Yeah, good thing I'm a chicken.

See? I didn't even get that right. Sigh. I need to order some Norman Biship Garlic Dill mustard in bulk.

Condiment Grrl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter