Thursday, June 12, 2008

A fantastic discovery that's Atkinsy, but not too douchey

Welcome back everyone! I have finally taken up arms against a sea of condiments and resumed my mission of bringing good condiment knowledge to all!

I have experienced a range of new deliciousness in the two months since I blogged and I will share it all with you. Let us just say, for now, that the award for the very best name of a condiment company is bestowed upon The Girl and The Fig -- a gourmet place in the land of wine, decadence, and marijuana, medical or otherwise - Sonoma.

But first! An unlikely discovery in the produce section: Sunkist Almond Accents. Now many of you have heard of my travails with my crazy German naturopath who has made gluten verboten. However, I do love a texturey salad. The burst of fat from a slice of salami, the eager co-mingling of tomato juices and balsamic vinegar, the crunch of the rib of a ripe leaf of Romaine lettuce, and, bien sur, the crunch of a well-made (read: oily) crouton. Mmmmm...croutons. I do love them especially when they're large, dark and toasty, like I like my chocolate sundaes (what did you think I was going to say?).

But, if I have croutons too often, it can cause me some digestive upset. Now, you may say, "Well, just don't have salads that often!"

This is not to be.

Salads, how shall I put this, are my life. Literally, and I am not exaggerating (I never do that!), salad has been my favorite food since I can remember. And, it turns out, that salad is a beauty treatment. Really, I was reading on some health-food website about the power of eating salad in terms of preventing aging. No one would ever guess that I am 67 years old.

Really, I eat salad usually once, and many times twice a day. It is the wind beneath my wings.

So, imagine my joy when I found Sunkist Almond Accents -- Roasted Garlic Caesar Flavored Sliced Almonds. They're crunchy, cheesy, and garlicky and they make me not miss croutons at all and my German naturopath can rest easy knowing that I am (mostly) following her strict diet.

Except when I'm not. I mean, c'mon, the lady told me that blended banana with ice and melon is "bettear zen schocolat!"

But I like the almonds.

Condiment Grrl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter