Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Family that Eats Mustard together...

Tonight, at Sunday dinner, we served a yummy pot roast with assorted vegetables (including purple potatoes!). As is my wont, I put out two condiment jars on the table: cream-style horseradish and my new favorite Lemon Dill mustard from Earth & Vine. I like mixing the earthy, sinus-clearing experience of the mustard with the delicate lemon infused mustard. Now, for those of you keeping score at home, I am already on my second jar of my new favorite mustard. And it's approximately $8 a jar. No worries -- it's all coming out of Baby Balsamic's college fund. There will be no college after the oceans raise and flood out humanity; I'm just going to teach her how to surf and wear sunscreen. Lots and lots of sunscreen.

Big Daddy Condiment was over tonight and after sampling the Lemon Dill mustard, held up the jar and said, "Would you mind if I just dumped the contents of this jar straight into my mouth?"

And here's one for the baby book: Baby Balsamic asked for "condiments" with her dinner. It was the first time I can remember her using the word "condiment." It's almost as memorable as the first time she said "Mama," which I actually can't remember now.

Baby Balsamic's habit and the cost of the jar did give me pause as she went through piles of the expensive mustard with her dinner, just like I do. Everytime there was a hole on her plate, she would say "More mustard, please." I think she ate about $3 worth with her meal. The beef cost more. Ah well, now she will never have bad diseases due to the turmeric content.

Clearly, I was switched at birth with someone like Paris Hilton, so Baby Balsamic should be eating only the finest condiments off of silver plates in our summer home on the French Riviera. Wolfgang Puck would create a special ketchup just for us to eat at the grand openings of all his flagship stores, we would attract so much attention.

Condiment Grrl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter