Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Steak, Maple Chipotle and an Unsatisfying Lost

A short blog posting tonight as I am EXHAUSTED from lifting, tasting and finally selecting the condiments to go with the delightful steak my husband prepared for me tonight. I almost went with the Blackberry Zinfandel Vinaigrette as it has a very thick texture, but it was just a tad too vinegary for me. This is odd, because I think vinegar, along with salami, is nature's perfect food.

However, I found myself combining a Jim Beam Gourmet Ketchup with a Maple Chipotle Glaze. It was still a little too sweet, but I did enjoy the Maple tang, especially when the flavor bled into the potato/parsnip smash on the side.

I needed to drown my sorrows tonight because the stupid TiVo stopped recording LOST right when Hurley walked up to talk to Libby at the end. What did he say? I'll never know. Did Libby die? Will Michael be revealed for the Manchurian Candidate or whatever that he is? I'll have to tune in next week. And maybe next week, I'll prepare something that goes with the Blackberry Zinfandel Vinaigrette.

Keep on Dipping!

Condiment Grrl

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Condiment Grrl,
once again you have done the meat a disfavor.
Chimichurri, as made in Argentina, would have awaken you and maid your evening.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter